Thursday, July 1, 2010

Update on Job Offer #1

I shared my quest for a new job with you and I also shared how my first job offer went. Today was the time to decide on whether I accept LF as my third employer or not. I talked to the HR and I relayed to them my concerns. It was a discreet email giving them a message that I want to raise the offer a little higher. You see, when I computed my annual current pay, it turned out that their offer was lower!

Okay, compensation is only one aspect of getting a new job, but it is also one of the most important, right? I do not disregard the fact that I can learn a lot from the company but I must also remember that I can equally get that experience from other organization.

I am gambling here. I am taking risk. What if my decision is wrong? Nah, I need to face the risk. On top of this all, I inject my GUT FEEL. And the capslock words are telling me to hold on and wait for other offers. So there it is. :)

No comments: