Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Relaxing Weekend at Calamba, Laguna

Living a corporate life is as toxic as receiving all the pollution emitted by the cars in EDSA. Not only do you gamble your body with physical stress, but you also pain your brain with magnanimous office requirements and deliverables. It is for the very reason that I see to it that I take a quick break from the structured jungle of Makati.

I can imagine how each and every office spots are into number crunching, reports and transaction processing, tension meetings, unreasonable deadlines, etc....

Thanks to my foster family - the Bajamundis, who give me a family atmosphere whenever going to Bacolod seems to be an unworkable option. The Bajamundis plus the homey atmosphere of Calamba made my short weekend escape a very relaxing and happy one! 


Plants are one of the best therapy for tired eyes and brain. The greens are the perfect epitome of nature and nature is a perfect venue for relaxation. Ah, I love how these plants in pots and soils are beautifully arranged in their lawn! 

 Levy and I also spent a good afternoon coffee beside their pond and their big Santol tree. Starbucks may be cool, but nothing can beat having your cup of coffee while sitting in a traditional garden set with some papers to read on! Moreover, it was a good moment of feeding their tilapia at the pond!

One thing that I love about visiting the Bajamundi home in Calamba is the mini-gym that Levy assembled. Jogging at the Amoranto stadium or The Fort's area is a good time to exercise but then again, who can beat a gym with lovely orchids as the background? I love how I shed off my good 45 minutes in the treadmill and cut off some 240 calories! Yey! 


Home service is what I always miss in Bacolod. And I am thankful that I got to experience it if I am here in Calamba. I love to pamper myself most at home! 

It's Levy's time for pedicure! :D

And oh, did I say coming home to Calamba absolutely means one thing? FOOD! LOL! 

It is fitting to know that I have a foster family when I am miles away from the Alonsos. It lessens the longing to go home to Bacolod most frequently. I love Levy's family! Cheers to Tita Ruth for raising up a happy home!!!

No comments: