Sunday, March 28, 2010

ATTY. Hope Marey "Bambi" Depasucat, CPA!

Admit it, having successful friends boosts your soul!

I got lots of friends. But in my long list, there are fewest names which I strike in bold letters. These are my fewest, best-est friends. I can't help but feel proud for the recent success of my Masters' co-member - Hope Marey Depasucat! Oh, I am disrespectful. It should be ATTY. HOPE MAREY DEPASUCAT, CPA. Geesh, goosebumps! Hopia (what i fondly called her), is my closest friend in college. We are two of the four-member elite club called "Masters". Why? It is because we are good in everything, but we are experts of nothing. Haha!

 the Jacks! lol!
taken during one of our rigor days in CPA review.
And yeah, our one and only photo complete!

Time really slips so fast. In these six years that we have been sharing curses, stupid jokes, and playing tactics with our classmates, here she is now - a full-fledge lawyer where her ultimate goal is to serve the people in its truest essence.

I am one of her confidante when it comes to her frustrations in the field of dirty politics. I would often receive SMS, calls, YM and FB messages about how their session in the council went during that day. She is an ideal politician and to this date, I am proud that she never gave in to that so-called "dirtiest world".

...CPA board exam - check!
...First term Councilor for EB Magalona - check!
...Law school - check!
...Bar exam - check!

Next in line? Re-election!!!
 acting as her virtual campaign manager:
my masterpiece! lol!

Yes, this humble friend of mine is a public servant. A public servant who does not have the luxuries of all those nasty politicians. She works in the real essence of the word. She has a very promising career in Manila but she chose to remain in the quite province of Negros to pursue her passion in life - serve the community. I can't imagine, or at least comprehend why in the world would she devote her time trying to save this society from evil people. It was until I receive a text message from her a few months ago telling me that she feels it is her role to serve the people and she accepted her fate that she won't be rich in her chosen field, but SHE IS HAPPY. Ah, why can't you be a little materialistic at times, pe?! Haha!

I love my friend, and so I am with her in her advocate - go for clean politics. I know, I know it's a punch in the moon (suntok sa buwan, right? lol!), but who knows?

it's a tradition. December is Bacolod homecoming!

ok. for you pe, ill post this unflattering photo of mine... urgh, ours? haha!
December 2009 batch dinner!

And oh yeah, she is celebrating her 27th birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATTY!!!

For a complete list of September 2009 bar exam passers, please see the link!


No comments: