Monday, July 19, 2010

The Aunt In Me

Undeniably, parents have the most unconditional love. They will give their last piece to their lovely daughter or to their caring son. I, too, can vouch on grandparents' astounding love to their grandchildren. I see this right into my eyes as to how my parents are taking the responsibility of my irresponsible sister. No, irresponsible is an understatement - my HEARTLESS sister. Let me save that story on my next blogs.

But there is something with aunts that makes us unique as the giver of love and affection to our nieces and nephews. It must be the motherly figure tied up with a sisterly friendship that bind us to the little ones. I grew up not so close to my aunts and uncles. But with my nieces and my newly born nephew, I am proud to boast that I am loving them at least at par of what a normal parent does to her children. It is the very reason why I choose to go home frequently so that I can at least fill up the absences of their heartless mother.

They are adorable. I can't be prouder as to how they are growing up to be smart and beautiful young girls!

buying ate's school stuff!

I just need to slip on mommy's pumps and take a pose!

time for some horror pictorial!

The photos above are some of the normal bonding moments we have. I love how simple their happiness is - chocolates, make-ups, shoes, cuddles and hugs, etc. These are the moments which makes me think that airfare expenses are just worth it! And what could be a sweeter news? An addition to my growing stable of nieces and nephews - yes, a nephew!

 Please welcome the newest addition to our family!
Jose Ma. Alonso III

Thirdy's tag!

My first nephew's so tiny! He is only 4 pounds but soooo adorable! I can't wait to buy boys' stuff for him! Blues, batman, superman - here I come!!!


No comments: