Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride

It seems like roller coaster type of career life is meant for me, or rather, I was born to ride with it.

This morning, I was determined to get my signed resignation letter to my boss as I need to finalize my plans. This afternoon, I am scheduled to meet with Job Offer #1 to personally negotiate. This in mind, I wanted to close the chapter of my Ramcar life and proceed to somewhere where I can find my home. The offer has been long outstanding because I tried to wait for another one with DM. It turned out that DM which is supposed to be a Job Offer #2 was not final at all. It has internal problems which made it less viable. I got frustrated with it, as I really want to see what they can give me. This prompted me to meet up with Job Offer #1. Yes, I don't want to be left empty-handed.

A not-so-interesting job offer #1, curtailed job offer#2, no news from job offer #3. All these things led me to one thing - meet up and see what job offer #1 can finally offer. And most likely, to sign up with them.

Come this morning, I went to my boss to seek his signature on my resignation letter. Here comes another major development. He asked me to give them a chance. He wants to put me into the Internal Audit Department. He targets to groom me into someone who would replace the VP for IA in the near future. He sees my strong background in auditing as a major factor in bringing the competency of the department at a higher level. He is confident with me.

Roller coaster ride. I must admit, the conversation I had with my boss sparked my interest with Ramcar. I don't know what is the best thing to do now. I am in the state of lost. Ah, career life!

No comments: