Wednesday, May 5, 2010

G1BO: My Worries and Why I Will Still Vote For Him

I am for G1BO. Yes, I am not 100% assured that this country will be saved from the sinking boat of corruption, poverty, and failed economy. I have my own qualms on choosing my president. But what is good about it is that in these worries I have, I did find better answers to wrap my anxiety with hope for a better nation.

Here are my qualms and my pacifiers:

1. He is an Arroyo bet
If I will not vote him just because of the tarnished reputation of that little lady, then I am losing that one hope of having a good president. He may protect GMA, yes. He will protect her in a sense that he may let those accusations on her die down. But I am confident that he will not give in to other succeeding demands of Mrs. Arroyo. After all, I am a believer of moving forward!

2. He did not do good during Ondoy calamity
...if Noy just had passed a lot of laws, then maybe, just maybe, we have a better nation
...if Villar did not grab the lands of the poor, then maybe, just maybe, we have less people on the poverty line
...if Erap just did his job as a good president, then we will not be having an evil president
...if Gordon... hmmm I can't think of any for him! :D

My point is, all of them has flaws - others even have tremendous flaws that crumbled our nation.

3. He is too young and inexperienced in terms of leading the nation
In every political ads we see, they banner all the good things they've done. Xxx number of laws passed, xxx number of roads built, xxx number of health centers donated, etc. BUT, why are we still in this mess?

So I told myself, why not get a fresh face (not to mention, gwapo. lol!) to start anew? Yes, a fresh face backed up with "galing" and "talino".

4. He is just for the people's money
I am always a believer that the old rich are the ones who do not boasts, who do not salivate for "more" money. Be careful with the "new" rich. :D

5. He does not appeal to the masses
So?!

SULONG G1BO!!!

No comments: