Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ah LOVE!

One of the most painful scenes you can witness is seeing your friend crying her hearts out because of the pain that love has given her. Or was it really love who caused the pain? Or was it the creature who God first molded but later on realized that He needs to create a "better" one?

Ah love! It is one word that ironically links two opposing terms - happiness and pain.

I have my own share of love's painful fruits. It was one point of my life when I thought love was the same thing as rapture, the end of the world. It was a classic example that heart and mind are not in harmony. Logic told me to stop all those stupidity, but my heart clamored for "another chance". I hold on to the memories, the plans, the nanghihinayang factor. It is with this experiences that I perfectly understood my friend's perception on the things that recently crumbled her world.

But God indeed has plans, greater plans for me. After that long years of holding on to that failed relationship, he opened one fastastic door for me  - the door which Levy owns! I had the grandest welcome I can think of and more importantly, I experienced and am experiencing the utmost love and care that I yearn for a partner. Levy's coming to my life made that past relationship seem like a dust in a castle. Negligible.

I saw myself six years ago in my friend now. The only difference is that I have surpassed it, and she is yet to overcome the bitter surprise of love. And at this point, the best that I can do is share my thoughts about it based on how I went through it. What were my realizations?

...that on top of all your emotions, learn to accept that he does not love you anymore
...that while you "hope" for another chance, give 99% to letting go, 1% for that "hope"
...that when the logic tells you to move on, listen to your heart and never force it
...that if your mind shouts on you to be happy, be honest and never deny the pain
...that when your friends tell you not to envy the girl. make it the perfect time to boost your confidence

Father time will heal the wound that caused a deep pain to my friend. I do not know when is that time, but I do hope I'd see my friend smiling once again. And I'd like it to be a sincere smile who wraps her life with love from a deserving guy. Cheers to happy love!

Happy couple!

No comments: