Saturday, April 10, 2010

My First UP Experience

I always wanted to go to UP for college. But when I got a response from dad saying "hindi ka marunong maglaba ng panty mo, sa Manila ka pa mag-aaral!" ten years ago, that urge remained a wish for me. No, don't get me wrong, I love my university.

I have a lot of failed trips to UP years back but when Levy and I were left with nowhere to go, we decided to drive around UP. Now I realized, it was a better way to spend the Araw ng Kagitingan than spending an hour or two watching "Date Night". OK, the Filipino in me is kicking in. :D

I did not realize that  I was already in the university until I asked Levy where we were. Apologies, I was used to a campus whose gates are tightly manned by baton-carrying creatures! I call it more of a community, rather than a campus. It seemed like inside UP was like an independent town who has her own lifestyle. I do not know, but there is an unknown factor which let me feel I am in a "free" community! I think it is because of the open air, wide roads with lots of trees (old trees I mean) giving up an aura of open environment! My dream ten years ago was alive once again, and I got envy to those students who happen to be independent at such an early age and manage to assure their parents that they can handle themselves away from home. Ah, that made me want to go back to school once again!

Let me give you my shots with the UP grounds while Levy and I were paving the roads a great school!

it's like a road in a province. hehe. 
i love how the trees spell out the age of the school.

i can't remember seeing the sunset from the grounds of my school.
was it because i'm always inside the library?!
i just love how i ended the afternoon and welcomed the night at UP!

levy told me that UP grounds used to be so green with grass...
but due to El Nino fever, everything is brown in there. :(

as a chocolate lover, i always wanted to go here and try out Chocolate Kiss
but since another branch is just across my new office, i did not bother to check out the original CK

a visit to UP won't be complete without getting a hand of Isaw ng UP!


the isaw community! 
nice cars were parked with groups of family and friends.
i regret not coming here with Erms, as this is one of her "to-dos" 

my first isaw held by Levy! 
served in a plastic cup to avoid street food bacteria contamination
isaw ng baboy and manok - my cup cost 35 php. i did not finish the pork though. 
paired with Mountain Dew at 27 php, it really was a cheap and yummy snack!

My other regret though, not getting a close encounter with the oblation statue!

I may be too old for the experience, but I really am thankful that I got the chance to experience UP! :)


No comments: