Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dunkin Donuts' Response to Challenge

The only constant in this world is CHANGE. Ok. Before you get too bored because of the cliche saying, I want to jump off with what's in my mind right now. Yes, it's all about change.

At the first hour of 10 April 2010, I am here in Dunkin Donuts. Sounds "cheap"? Dunkin Donuts after all of the tambayans have sprouted like mushrooms in the metro?! This donut chain for me is a living memory of my LCC life way back in Bacolod. At 15 Php before, we can hop inside the cozy place across public plaza and just meters away from our school and divulge those donuts - choco webs specifically, and a decent size of soda or orange juice! Yes, that aged.

My Manila life is generally defined with long hours of staying outside my place - coffee shops and cafes whenever I am not on the plane or out in the long roads. And yes, wi-fi of course. :D Recently, Levy and I discovered Dunkin Donuts Cafe along the Fort.
  • Coffee - check!
  • Wifi - check!
  • Comfortable seats - check!
  • Socket - check!
  • "Real" food - check!
  • 24 hours availability - check!

This discovery led me to one realization. Dunkin Donuts is keeping up with the trending needs of their customers. Gone are the thoughts of a small DD chain selling only donuts and bunwiches. They made a bold and daring decision of getting head to head with those enormous players in the field of cafes. They, too, knew how to counter-attack their competitors.They offer a variety of food options aside from coffee and cakes, they welcome long-staying guests,they price their coffee way way cheaper than that of Starbucks kind Amazing, amazing business decisions!

 we got meat here!

Facebook and coffee - best combination and cheaper in dunkin!

Dunkin Donuts got all-day breakfast, salads, pasta, donuts, cakes, hot and cold beverages, and more!
the coffee shop with a menu list at hand! how cool is that?

 
I told you, they're more than just donuts here!

Coffee may not be as rich-tasting as that of Starbucks, but with its cozy and not-so-noisy ambiance and relatively cheaper food - why won't I stay here for hours?!

No comments: