Friday, April 9, 2010

Arts and Crafts in Business

I have always been inclined to our family business. I am there since it gave birth to a humble single stall in the market until it rose to a 7-stall store. My last visit to my hometown brought out something that I want to firm up, and that is my great vision to bring it to a supermarket/mall level. Too ambitious, yes. But impossible? Absolutely no!

I know that it is not yet my time to call it quits with the corporate world. I still need a guaranteed and steady inflow in my bank account. But this responsibility to my employer does not mean I cannot work on my vision. I have my mind, my resources, and my little spare time to divest my attention to my vision.

Recently, I started in working with name branding. I researched on cute photos in the net to associate with clothes and accessories, bags, toys, homeware, school and hardware supplies which are our recent expansion. All lumped into one store but I have a long term plan of putting each of this in separate stalls. I created logo for each product line.

the "first" logos
i'm thankful for www. istockphoto.com for the cool images!

I gathered old magazines which I can transform into paper bags. This, of course, are of inferior quality, but way better than ordinary plastics, right? I bet my niece would be enjoying this activity as she likes arts and crafts!

my raw materials/work in process!
finished product!
 The first four paper bags that I've finished!

Now I am so excited to go home probably next week and introduce my new idea!




No comments: