Monday, April 5, 2010

Who/What Ruins Your Air Travel Experience?

Domestic flights are very common nowadays, thanks to the magic of competition as it yielded cheaper airfares! But along with this frequent travels come an equally frequent irritation with the airline services and nasty co-passengers.

What are your top five list? Here's mine!



1. An annoying kid and an inconsiderate guardian tandem
Kids are cute especially when they are in their distinctive baby voice. My adoration turns out to be a bitter one when these kids are unreasonably noisy inside the plane while everyone else is trying to catch a little nap before heading to a full-packed day. My irritation is fueled up when their guardians do not have a clue that these little monsters are messing up your supposed-to-be relaxing trip.

2. The magician passengers
Have you encountered those people who seemed to have brought EVERYTHING that they have in their trips?! It's fine with me as long as you won't force that EVERYTHING as check-in baggage or carry more than what is allowed as hand carry so as to save from paying the excess baggage. This makes you ridiculously cheap or a star in "Kampanerang Kuba". And oh yeah, please stop debating with the airline that you are in the right reasoning. It causes further delay!

3. The "I-must-be-the-first-to-jump-on-the-plane" passengers
I get the logic why the airlines chop off the boarding per seat number ranges. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see it as an efficient and faster way of getting into the plane. But there are just some people who never cared to observe it. The end result? There you are all jammed in the aisle! Hello? The plane won't leave ASAP if you are sitted first.


4. The little sari-sari store inside the plane
Well, thanks to those frequent airfares, I got to travel more than the usual. I know business, and I know that it's one way of the airlines to make some profits by slashing the on-board "meals" and instead push those carts with food and souvenir items. But, can we spare the first flight with this scheme and give the guests (yes, us!) the time to grasp a small sleep?!

5. The one-sided announcements of the estimated and actual arrival time
I cannot remember if this is true to all airlines but I noticed this one when I last take my flight via AirPhil Express. The route from Manila to Bacolod took us forever. This was evidenced by the non-stop cursing of the guy beside me. No apology was announced from the flight attendants' deck. My opposite route arrived to Manila earlier than expected. There was pride in the FA's voice when she announced it. Can we at least be fair?!

No comments: