Thursday, April 15, 2010

Christmas In My Heart

I am not rich, but in my own secret way, I do help the poor. I help the people whom I see the will to live and survive amidst the bitter surprises of life. We have several house and store helpers, who works tirelessly for us. As my dad would describe them, they are the people who bring in money to the family.

Our business is not that of SM or Ayala, but we do generate jobs for the people who are included in the group of the poor. We cannot give them a competetive salary, but we are treating them as our family. And so last Christmas, I organized our 2nd Christmas party. From food, games, prizes, and bonuses - I single-handedly prepared those things. At least, there is no pressure on my part as these are the people who enjoys the simplest pleasures of life. =)

FAMILY.
What could be more happier than spend the party with their family!
I love how excited the kids were when they saw the festive mood in our house. Everyone were just so ecstatic!

FOOD.
We did not have the grandest preparation in the table, but we did see to it that everyone is FULL!
In this time that you will realize how special it is for them to eat "good food". I love how the kids munch on the hotdogs and mallows!

 CHILDREN'S GAMES.
As we say, Christmas is for the kids. And kids love games! I love how they smiled when they got something from the pabitin. And oh, their shy faces when they were bathed with flour, too!!!

ADULT GAMES.
Bring on the eggplant, and liquor! lol!

PRIZES AND BONUSES!
Money and gifts made their laughs when up to their ears!

DANCE.
And let the grooves begin!!!

I have attended so many Christmas parties before. More glamouros. More food. More liquor drinks. But I experienced the true essence of Christmas when I am with the less fortunate. No fuss. No overspending. No expensive clothes. Just the happiness that I have shared what I have with those that have less.

No comments: