Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How sweet can you get?

Ok. I am committing myself to keep my pieces here in this blog. So this one is from my facebook note that I was not able to load it here. This was dated August 28, 2009. =)

They say lovers have their own world. They have their own language. They have their sweetest times.

The best parts of my relationship with Levy are the smallest, non-material related, and very casual things that we both shared.

Buubi is an endearment he coined to officially seal our relationship. some might think it came from the famous "baby" just twisted and sprinkled with some creativity. But heck no, the term actually is a marriage of two adjectives that Levy pinned on me when we first met. Bully and bitch. Wow, what a combination! As i find it cute, i want to call him that way also so i similarly looked for two words that would best describe him - "bunjing" and "bilbil". So so levy!!!

Did i mention that we did not miss a single day to go on a date until we become a couple? That is exactly thirty three days of gluttony. Those days were surely blooming moments for me, minus the fats of course! On those seemingly heaven moments, a monday night stood out. we decided to watch an overly corny horror movie that time. Halfway through the movie, he mustered all the guts in town and tucked it to his sleeves then he took my hand, clasped it in his. It was too soon, yes, but i find it sweet. =)

Washington, Pasong Tamo is a long-time record-holder for the most number of curses fired through during rainy season. I constantly help in maintaing that record. Flood, oh yes flood. The worst thing that can happen to you is to be stuck at the four walls of your room and wait until the water cease to create an awful copycat of a river. Yet, amidst this downfall in settling in a reasonably cheap area, there were two rarest events that made me thankful for it.

Levy paved his way going through my place one time with a KFC bucket meal and other foods not just for me but for my other dormmates as well! This fell under the dating stage yet, so on top of that "kilig" feeling i reserved a small part in my head that it might just be one of the many "pa-pogi points".

It was a little over a year when, again, this pedicab drivers' bestfriend hit my place. it was about 1 pm when i called levy to tell him not to come anymore as Tissy (our mobile house) might be caught in an unsafe situation. He insisted, so i let him drive his car like a jetski. his usual 15-min drive accelerated to a crazy 5-hour journey. man, 5 solid hours of non-stop pressing of the gas pedal! talk about a severely aching leg he had. but what touched me more is that when i finally sat on the passenger's seat, i did not hear even a single curse or saw a sour face. he was widely awake when God bestowed patience on earth. unbelievable.

Picture out this scenario: it was nightime. a car parked in one of the not-so busy streets of the fort. inside were two lovers munching on a double order of large mcdo fries, quarter pounder, large coke, and hot fudge sundae. good music breathed out by the radio lcd echoed in the air. outside was a downpour of heaven's tears which wrap up the whole car. nobody else in the world but taba and peklat enjoying the moment. that very moment. ahhh, how romantic!

The world knows that I am my parents' favorite. These two old folks can't help but get excited everytime i pay them a call and most importantly, when they head off to the airport to fetch me up. I own the "apple of the eye" spot for the longest time until this self-proclaimed macho entered the scene on August 26, 2008. His first land to the island of VISAYAS. I can describe Levy's first meeting with my family as a family feast! Everyone, including our house and store helpers, fell into his so-called "charm". I was tied up with everyone that night talking about Levy. How sweet he was with me, how caring, how humble, how down to earth he was, etc etc. This bonjing guy was a threat to me!!! They were so attached to Levy that mom even gave him that oldest cap with the printing "USS Dahlgren" to him. Dad was the very first who greeted us happy first year anniversay! And what made all these worse? Everytime i went home without Levy tailgaiting on me, they would give a sad face and say lines like " sayang wala si levy" or "ngaa wala nag-upod si levy haw? hidlaw na kami cya pro"(ok for the NON-ILONGGO speakers, not non-visayan speakers, they simply ask why levy did not come with me and that they miss him already). Hello? I am your daughter, remember?!?! Hehe! Sweet sweet relationship.

Dad and Levy are the two most wonderful guys in the world for me. Just as how they are proud of my achievements, they are also the guys who stick with me in times of my career failures. Levy escaped with me in Tagaytay when i needed space to release my frustrations with the exam results. He was there, patiently looking after me and hearing my rants. During my torture in then-named Constantinople City, he did not miss calling me everynight, comforting me and telling me that days are running faster, it would end up too soon. and his sweetest surprise? the hk-macau vacation a week after i came back from Istanbul! And during this recent chaos in the office, again Levy did not fail to make me feel better. he is ALWAYS ready to support me, going an extra mile to just let me feel that my worth is not just measured by any foul circumstances. i got passes to be over-bratinella and to splurge to the highest level! to top it all, dad sent me a very heartwarming message saying: Levy is worth more than a thousand jobs, don't lose him. Ah, kargs is just my loving angel! sweet so so sweet!

These are some of the sweetest, most loved stopovers during my two-year journey with Levy. Two years of living a life hand in hand with life's sweetest blessing!

No comments: