Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ask out!

One thing I hate most about mysself is the fact that I am too lazy to ask.

On several accounts, this led me to an unnecessary fiasco, particularly on my slim pocket. Illogical spending. There it is.

It was a time to overhaul my nasty hair when I decided to go to MOA and choose a salon that, hopefully, can tame my very unruly crowning "glory" (errr, "shame" may be the right word!). An alley with neighboring salons greeted me which took several turns of the clock's long hand before I decided to step on Ystilo Salon. I entered, told the receptionist that I want to sit in fornt of the mirror with the hair straightening treatment, but before it, I want to sport a shoulder length hair do. So immediately, she ushered me to the washing area, with the stylist all set to start the vanity session.

We were on the actual hair straightening session when I asked him how long is the minimum length for the starting price of 1800 php. He told me my hair's length qualifies for it and that he already priced it as such. I was happy so I told him, "Ah, Ystilo Salon is affordable pala". Realizing maybe that I  have a lot of money (in his thinking, of course!), he quickly pulled out hi earlier remarks and told me, "Ah mam, yung sayo siguro mga 2k to". I did not react, as it was only 200 php up. Finally, I cannot rest my mind on the price that I have to pay so I decided to go to the receptionist and ask her how much. Whoa, 2600 php it is! I know I cannot refused not to pay because I am to be blamed for it. I was furious, but heck, what can I do?! I can't get out of the salon with a towel enveloping my hair!

I am not in loathe because of the price I paid. What I am annoyed to is that I think was bullied because the stylist already mentioned a lower price for it. But i was caught in a situation where I am in a lose-lose situation.

Only, only if I had ask from the very first step I made inside their salon. Stupid Dahlj!

No comments: