Thursday, March 25, 2010

Three Bombs In One Day

Today is the day full of BIG office announcements. Two core people from our organization were formally tagged as "resigned" as of today - our President and our VP for HR. Yes, I typed it right. Two people from our senior management. The unprecedented news does not stop there, our Chairman expresses his plan to move us from Quezon City Head office to Sta. Maria Bulacan. Again, yes, I typed it right - from urban to rural workplace. WHo would have thought that my innocent and unsolicited question on my previous blog would actually require me an answer? It was really weird!

A lot of people in the auditorium shed tears when our President, after a long pause and held back of tears, uttered the words - "today is my last day". I am new to the organization but I felt how sincere his goodbye was. I felt how he was saddened by the thought that he will be leaving his second family for twelve long years. I admired how he took a long bow while we all rose up to our feet to gave him our respect and gratitude. It was one of the fewest, most personal goodbyes I felt in the corporate world.

The equally surprising news to us was the plan of moving out from Quezon City to Bulacan. All of our speculations were gone when our boss told us the news. It was more or less be materialized within the year. I personally haven't heard, or refused to hear other options or whereabouts of the plan. My shoulders just fell and my face just displayed a blank face. My colleagues were sharing the same sentiments.

We are all young. Young enough to have all the opportunities in the world to spread our wings. It is not all about work, rather it is about something outside of work. Family, boyfriends, friends, personal and social lives, everything...

I am honestly disoriented. I am battling with the thought that I made the wrong choice of organization. But, some forces are just pulling me towards that thought. I can't help it.

Realities of a private, corporate life are slowly kicking in. It is just but a reminder for me that life is indeed not a bed of roses. Life always gives out something that would test your decisiveness and your choices. This is really the real world.

And now, I am still haunted by the question of living my office life up there in the rural area. I know this will come to me over and over again in teh next days. Decision time once again.

No comments: