Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On the Countryside




It is practically cold and gloomy here in Negros. I am in my room, just a wall apart from the raindrops that are licking the plants' leaves and getting a feel of what Negros has been into these days through the rectangle thing called de-baterya na AM radio. No, electricity is working perfectly. I just want to create a countryside environment with this classic torch-carrying gadget of the old times. Oh okay, the native coffee breathing out that so-good aroma wraps the creation of my countryside world!

The past few months had been a roller-coaster ride for me - career and family matters, specifically. I had felt a lot of "downtime server" of my career leading me to the most major decision to date. Things seemed to be in an opaque side, too many opportunities, but no clear road to take. Anxiety, hesitation, and fear momentarily blocked my insane mind and lived every day thinking of what is the wisest step to forward my foot to.

Thanks to my dad, who has always been my reliable adviser. Finally, I took that risky, yet promising step.

Things are light by this time, spending the rest of the year preparing for two certifications, initialing some moves for my own firm, and developing my kikay store, and more importantly spending a QUALITY TIME with my family. Ah, the latter is just so priceless! i just loved how my two amazing nieces cuddle me and calling me "mommy" sweetly!

On a lighter note, I can't help but curve my lips when I heard the radio announcer calling Erap's legal battle as legal "batol" and his i-am-speaking-tagalog-in-my-ilonggo tone while having a quick discussion with the Manila PAG-ASA people! Classic Ilonggo!

No comments: