Saturday, September 26, 2009

When Typhoon Strikes

I woke up today with my fan off, a rare instance by the way. My phone is flooded by sunalertz updates in FB and TW. I checked out outside and oh! flood ate the whole cemented streets!!!

I was down again in the memory lane. Typhoons in my younger years at home means having a pile of food and water which mom and dad preemptively secured, batteries stocked up like a tower to be used as the bullet of the flashlights and our small AM radio. Oh, cnadles too! And the best part of it is that the five of us would situate our butts in just one room, the safest room which dad have already surveyed and just talk about anything or play boardgames. We go on alternate sleep for us to be vigilant enough to whatever mood the world has. 

Ah, memories! miss waking up with a clear view in my room's window of the rain droplets kissing our orchids. =)

I miss home once again!

No comments: